Sunday, June 5, 2016

Younghun Shin/ Unit 3 Presentation/ Wed 56

​​​

https://youtu.be/JezRv_eB6rM


 

Speaking Feedback
Date : 2016-06-05
Speaker: Younghun Shin
Evaluator: Younghun Shin
Title : Online Games

1. What strong points does the speaker have?
  

 

I have a clear and loud voice that audience could hear well. I prepared visual aids to help the audience to understand the speech well. Especially in visual aids, I put a statistics about the online game market to add credibility. I also interpreted the statistics in my own way.


2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject? 


Because my audiences were my friends of the same club where everyone like animations, cartoons, and games, I think they all know well about the speech subject. If they didn't know the subject, I think I clearly delivered the subject.


3. 
Did the speech reflect adequate preparation? 

 

Kind of Unsatisfying. I made my visual aid and practiced alot, but when I turned on my camera, I was so nervous that I couldnt remember the script that I memorized. But, visual aid was satisfying to me. 


4. 
Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?


​Yes. My voice was loud as the audience could hear me. Also, the room was small enough to spread my voice all over the room.

 
5. 
Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion?
 

 

​Yes. I started my presentation by introducing the suject "Online Games" at the first. After that, I followed my speech by the logical orders. In the conclusion part, I proposed the future direction of Online Games and my opinion about it.


6. 
Please comment on the speaker's use of notes/eye contact.

 

​I tried not to use it very often, but I've failed it. I think I used my notes often because I was so nervous. Also I did an eye contact sometimes, but not often since I was mainly focused on the camera.

7. 
What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech?
 

 

​I should use more gestures, do more eye contact and try not to look at notes. I think I should have use a video clip on my visual aids to show online games.


8. 
What did you like about the presentation?
 


​I like to play games when I have free time. It was a beneficial time when I researched about Online Games that I like to play. Also I liked my presentation in a point that I introduced and explained the subject that I like to my audiences. I also like the part that I analyzed the market share of the Online games.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Speaking Feedback
    Date: 2016-06-05
    Speaker: Younghun Shin
    Evaluator: Yugyeong An
    Title: Online Games

    1. What strong points does the speaker have?
    Speaker did his presentation clearly with his loud voice.

    2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject?
    I got to know the type of online games.
    Also I got to know what he wanted to deliver.

    3. Did the speech reflect adequate preparation?
    I think it will be nice to make more comfortable presentation. Speaker seems to be nervous.
    But his PPT was well-organized!

    4. Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?
    Yes. His voice is loud enough.


    5. Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion?
    Yes. I was very interested because of motive to take this survey.
    6. Please comment on the speaker's use of notes/eye contact.
    Speaker used notes. I think it will be nice to make more eye contacts with people.

    7. What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech?
    It will be nice to make more comfortable speech and eye contacts.
    Also, it will be better not to use notes..!
    But his speech was very clear and easy to understand.



    8. What did you like about the presentation?
    I liked his loud voice and the way presentation organized.
    It helps me to understand more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a good speech! I didn't know about the online games a lot, but now I know much about it thanks to your speech. Your voice was calm and clear. I could understand most of the words. And the powerpoint was good. It helped me understanding, and the text was good to read. It seems like that you prepared a lot. It was well organized. But I think if you memorize the script more, it would be better. And also, not sitting on the chaiar, but standing in front of the audiences would be much better. You can use hand gestures, and see the eyes of listers much better.
    It was really good speech. Thank you

    ReplyDelete