Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jeong, Woo-joon / Final, unit4 / Wed56

Here is youtube video link

https://youtu.be/ByioVSiNZvQ

 


Speaking Feedback
Date : 2016-06-05
Speaker: Jeong, Woo-joon
Evaluator: Jeong, Woo-joon
Title: Are you satisfied with your job?


1. What strong points does the speaker have? 


Opening with statistics made audience concentrate on the topic. (At least it was my intention)

   And the topic is reflecting a current social problem. I desperately want to tell my friends in this university that their lives after they graduate could be even worse in case they do not have jobs that suits them. And I sold my own experience to make it sound stronger.



2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject? 


I think they understood pretty much everything I said. I started with current high unemployment rate leading to the real topic. And survey questions were designed to figure out what is the problem and what should job seekers do.



3. Did the speech reflect adequate preparation? 


 I made survey questions and conducted the survey to those who are in positions or situations that I want to warn others.



4. Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?


I did. But my smartphone wouldn't deliver it well.


 
5. Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion? 


Opening: High unemployment resulting in job dissatisfaction


Body: Survey result


Conclusion: Messages I want to deliver through this survey.



6. Please comment on the speaker's use of notes/eye contact. 


Eyes are running around ppt and audience too fast.



7. What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech? 


Make pause in important moments. Might have been better if I walked around naturally.



8. What did you like about the presentation?


Confident voice.

 

1 comment:

  1. Speaking Feedback
    Date: 2016.06.12
    Speaker: Jeong, Woo-joon
    Evaluator: Chaeeun Lee (201502684)
    Title : Are you satisfied with your job?

    1. What strong points does the speaker have?
    He had clear message and the PPT he prepared looked really professional.
    2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject?
    I understood what he prepared. The part where he organized his message in the end helped me clearly get the message. Also the statistics he used were reliable. He seemed to know what he prepared.
    3. Did the speech reflect adequate preparation?
    Yes. First, he had well prepared presentation. He knew where the speech was going through the whole time. Also, I felt that he prepared the speech for a long time and he had deeply considered about his message since I could understand and learn new things. It was educative to me.
    4. Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?
    Yes, he did.
    5. Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion?
    Yes. He had an opening and body. I think where he organized his messages was the conclusion.
    6. Please comment on the speaker’s use of notes/eye contact.
    He did not use any notes. He memorized his script well. His eye contact was natural.
    7. What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech?
    It would have been better if he had more intonation.
    8. What did you like about the presentation?
    To me, this presentation gave me messages that I should think about more. It was like watching TED. I liked the messages. Also the survey results made them seem logical.
    The best part was when he brought 'a vs the'. It clearly showed the difference of two situation. I really enjoyed watching this presentation.

    ReplyDelete