Saturday, June 4, 2016

Lee, Jun Ki / Final Presentation on Unit 4 / WED 1PM~3PM

https://youtu.be/Qd-Cr_H0ydE

 

Date : 2016.06.04
Speaker: Lee, Jun Ki
Evaluator: My own evaluation

Title : MLB All-Star Game


1. What strong points does the speaker have? 
 
I looked pretty comfortable throughout the speech. Also, good eye contact and gestures were made.

2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject?

I tried to explain as many details as possible. They all agreed that my explaination was easy enough to people who were not familiar with topic.
I also tried to use visuals to attract more attention and help understanding.

3. Did the speech reflect adequate preparation?

Yes, although there was some pauses, I successfully finished my speech without big interruption. Also, a lot of eye contact were made as I pretty much prepared

everything I wated to say.

4. Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?

Voice was clear and loud enough to reach audiences and the camera.

5. Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion?

I tried best to give clear differences on each part of presentation, although transition between body and conclusion was kind of grey.

6. Please comment on the speaker's use of notes/eye contact.

Notes were not used at all, and the eye contact was made the whole time I spoke.

7. What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech?

I could have adjusted talking speed throughout the entire speech. Also with longer conclusion it would have had little more clear ending.

8. What did you like about the presentation?

Speaker was very comfortable, so I believe that audiences would also have been comfortable watching the presentation.

 

1 comment:

  1. Speaking Feedback
    Date : 2016. 06. 04
    Speaker: Lee, Jun Ki
    Evaluator: Minjoeng Kim
    Title : MLB All-Star game

    1. What strong points does the speaker have?

    Jun Ki’s strong points are his confidence and the speaking speed. He looked very comfortable, which made the audience comfortable also, during the presentation. His speaking speed was appropriate to follow, giving the audience enough time to think and understand the content.

    2. How well did the audience get to know the speech subject?

    I think the audience get to know the speech subject pretty well because some of them nodded and answered his questions during the presentation.

    3. Did the speech reflect adequate preparation?

    Yes, I think the speech reflected his preparation adequately. He was well-acquainted with the contents of the topic, and his powerpoint showed his efforts of researching the topic.

    4. Did the speaker talk clearly and audibly?

    Yes, He did. His voice was clear and audible.

    5. Did the speech have a definite opening, body, and conclusion?

    Yes, He did. He started with the question about favorite sports in introduction attracting the audience’s attention. In the bodies, he used transition words and the powerpoint slides to clearly show the procedure. He also summarized the procedure and made a suggestion at the end.

    6. Please comment on the speaker’s use of notes/eye contact.

    He made good eye contacts to everyone and didn’t use any notes.

    7. What could the speaker have done differently that would have improved the speech?

    His presentation left nothing to desire, but if I had to choose just one, I would say the presentation could be better if he made one more slide to show the summary of the procedure instead of just summarizing it orally.

    8. What did you like about the presentation?

    I liked his confidence and speaking speed. As I mentioned above, his confidence made the atmosphere comfortable. Proper pauses and his speaking speed made the presentation easy to follow even though I was not familiar with the baseball.

    ReplyDelete