Sunday, April 17, 2016

Kim Jinhyeok(Donald Kim)/Unit 01(A Person I Admire)/WED 56

 
This is the link for my first presentation project.
While editting the clip, I mistakenly omitted some introductory part,
so I want to write down the script here.
 
Though it is not that good, I expect you guys' feedback!
Thank you : )
 
<Script>
Distinguished listeners: Inseo, Jayoung, Bniel, cameraman(Hyejin), and professor! It's a great honor for me to stand here. Today, I'm here to give you guys a short speech about a person who I admire. Guess who he is! He's Martin Luther King. From now on, I'm gonna tell you about him based on these : his life story, achievements, and why I became to admire him.

 

First, a brief story about Luther's life. Martin Luther was born in 1483, in Eisleben(아이스레벤), Germany. When he was young, he actually studied hard to become a jurist to live up to his father's expectation. Interestingly, however, one day, after stopping by his house, he experienced a lightning falling right next to him while returning to a city called 에르푸르트, where he studied. Considering it as a message of the God, Luther then began to live his life as a priest in spite of his father's rejection. In the monastery, he studied based on the Bible, and it had been a big help for him to solve his faith-related concerns.

 

After then, as a reverend, he'd achieved countless things. Among them, I'd like to take one of the most famous, impressive achievements for my speech. It is so-called "Reformation". At that time, Roman Catholic was corrupted a lot by its ambition. So, they wrote and sell indulgence, which was believed to escape people from their sins. Against this kind of move, Luther did post up "the Ninety-Five Theses" in front of the church of the Pope, which showed how Roman people of that time pawed the air in a trap of Roman Catholic. Finally, on October 31st, 1517, Luther separate himself from the Catholic, and made a new division of "Christianity". Also, with a hope for all the public to easily access to the Bible, Luther translated Latin-based Bible, especially that of the New Testament, into German.

 

Then, why do I admire him? For me, it is not easy to take such a bold position against misbehaviors of others, especially against the authorities. However, Luther showed his boldness. Also, his ability to translate the Bible naturally confirms the fact that he is at least a bilingual. How fabulous he is! As a matter of fact, despite not being a "founder", he is believed to pave the way for the modern form of unified German. As a Christian student majoring in Linguistics, he is the one that I cannot help but admiring.

 

Concluding my speech, I'd like to show my ambition, reflecting one of Luther's most famous speeches. "I have a dream that one day in the future, I will be able to live a life where I become to be held in respect of other "peoples" across the world".

 

Thanks a million. 

2 comments:

  1. Speaking Feedback
    Date : 2016-04-22
    Speaker: Kim Jinhyeok
    Evaluator: Shin Younghun
    Title : Martin Luther King

    You have a loud voice. I think your speech will be well-delivered. The speech subject was well introduced with his life story, achievements, and the reason that you started to admire him. I think you talked clearly, but the speech was slightly slow. It was good that you told the audience about the sequence of the content. And, you prepared a note card for this speech, right? You did many eye contacts with the audiences, but it seemed that you looked notes quite often. I liked about the achievement part of your speech. I didn’t know that he translated a bible in Latin words. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date : 04.22
    Speaker: Kim Jinhyeok
    Evaluator: Kim Eunjin

    Your speech speed and pronunciation are nice. It really helped me to understand and concentrate your presentation easily. Also your presentation is well-organized.Your opening and the introduction how you will present your speech is nice. Also I like your conclusion that ends with your ambition. But your video was taken too far from you so I cannot see your face and how you eye contact with your audiences. Also I would like to suggest you to use more gestures. It will help you to seem more like to be natural when you give presentation

    ReplyDelete